Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Death is Just the Beginning

Mood: Down and sad

December 5, 2010 - We arrived in the USA. We were in my grandparent's house. Lolo greeted us with tearful eyes. Finally we are all together.

The days gone by pretty fast. My grandfather was having his ups and downs with his health, but not at all grave. The pain didn't come quick, it was gradual.

March 22, 2010 10:30PM - My uncle called us up and told us that our grandfather had a difficult time breathing. We all rushed to the hospital and waited there for a couple of hours and went home around 5 o'clock the following day. We thought everything was okay, but we went back to the hospital at around the same time we left last night only it was in the morning. All of the family members were present, except for the little kids who were in school. Grandfather had a mild heart attack when the doctors replaced the something that regulates his blood. After that he stayed for a couple of more days in the hospital before they took him home.

It's been a while since we last saw grandfather. We didn't see him last Easter because my aunt told us that it was tiring to drive there and back. I was somewhat disappointed, and slightly pessimistic about everyone being present in next year's Easter.

My dad told me that on some occasions that I called, my grandfather was answering and giving comments on some of the stories that I relate to them on these instances. I really miss lolo. Yesterday when I was washing the dishes, my aunt and everyone smelled the scent of a candle that had just been blown off. I instantly thought of my grandfather and I shrugged it off. I didn't want to think of him being dead and all that stuff so I stopped thinking about it.

April 20,2010 11:30AM - My uncle told our aunt the news. We were getting ready to leave the house for the dentist and the library when she called us and told us that our grandfather wasn't breathing anymore. It took a while for the shock to sink in, even when I heard it directly from my mom. On the way, my sisters and my aunt cried a lot. I couldn't bring myself to think that my grandfather is really dead. I thought about the times that we spent together, the day that we arrived and the last time we saw him in the hospital. I wished that I could've spent more time with him. But at least he no longer needs medication. He was free from pain.

Thank you for the sacrifices that you've made lolo. Thank you for waiting for us. Even if you're gone now, I'll still show you that I can give you a house that you can be proud of. Thank you for sending us here. Thank you for celebrating my birthday with me. I love you lolo. We all love you very much. May the Lord welcome you in his home.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

condolence ulit kambal to you and your family. may your grandfather rest in peace